Sunday, October 23, 2005

Went to M.I.N.D.S concert at Kallang Theatre on Fri with Justin, Vincent and Audrey on friday. I was late, so we had to get a cab for the performances which starts at 7.30pm...

But once again, NO CAB!




Fortunately....we finally found one when we walked on further...we were actually planning to walk to Kallang theatre though!! Hahas, the taxi driver had just sent a passenger to Kallang theatre a moment ago, and he's gonna do it again. lol. Sounds like a "shuttle bus" to me...





It was a concert where the intellectually disabled children from various special schools perform music, dance as well as skits. It was a wonderful eye-opener for me; watching these children perform, I felt really thankful to have been given an opportunity to attend this concerts. Thanks a million, Juz! The sincerity and candidness of their performances were so heartfelt and I certainly shed a tear during the show. It was an amazing performances and the children "wowed" the audience with their beautiful acting and well-synchronized dance segments. For those who have a preconceived idea that these children are slow and clumsy, let me tell you, they are certainly as good as any one of us, if not better! Throughout the performance, the audience were very involved; they clapped along with the beat of the songs and I joined along with them, totally clapping my hands numb...I wanted to show my appreciation for them and applause is the best reward for a performer. =) All in all, I was kept at the edge of my seat till throughout the 2 hour concert...I was being brought in this fantasy realm where there were characters from the Wizard of Oz, then to the Arabian nights, to the Chinese Kung Fu dynasty...Wow, the vibrance of the atmosphere, the bright and colorful costumes and props...it felt like I was watching a broadway musical...It is that good! Kudos to the backstage people as well as the magnificant teachers that guided them through it all.

Thank you, God. For all the grace you have shown. To these wonderful children. They are growing richly...

Such a genuine and sincere perfomance, that of which I have been touched.

This experience certainly opened another perspective towards life for me. Over at this part of singapore, these children, though intellectually disabled, are so full of life...and hope. Here, they are enjoying themselves so much...living life to the fullest...and this makes me feel ashamed.

What am I doing with my life?

No comments: