Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Woah..just had a eventful day..whew...well..to begin...it is about a pet project that Vince, Juz and I were engaging in. It is called the "Requiem' et Triangle room"(I call it that) plan and we will be converting the Triangle Room at 04-04 of our ECH building into a clubhouse for ECH students...It's a legacy that we plan to leave and we're working at it..



Everything was fine...till I felt unfine(if there's such a word) to the way I am working with my teammates..therefore, I approached Vince and attempted to discuss my discomfort about the way I am not being consulted for the decisions and ideas on the project..,we had a clash..Vince decided that he needed some time away..I thought it was fine after Vince came back after a walk...but in the afternoon,during the group discussion, we got into a arguement...I felt sad and guilty towards the way that I might have affected our friendship because of my mistakes, my working habits...I guess I had been insensitive about the way I am asking Vince to help me out/involve me in group discussions...fortunately..when I left to the Sports Complex alone after class...Justin found me and chatted with me...he acknowledged my feelings and also conveyed Vince's perpective to me..he's a great friend and I appreciate him taking the time to help me out..=) After Justin left, Vince came and we had a hear to heart talk..we raised certain issues that are bugging us and acknowledged each other's thoughts..we came to realise that our working styles and personalities are really different, then again..we came to a compromise to work things out..that has always been our motto in our friendship, that is to give each other opportunity to work things out at the end of the day without leaving it unresolved..I was glad after the talk..we feel that we are really cool buddies! I appreciate him a lot as a friend!!



When I was reaching hm..I checked my handphone and saw two new SMSs..one was from Justin and the other was from....Theresa. It asked: "What is troubling you royston?"



It reminded me of the past...There was the Ooh La La competition last semester..and I was low in self-esteem then...Theresa SMSed me in class and asked my how I was, in fact, after class..she gave me a note which was encouraging me to try the competition..that gave me so much courage to spur on..I will never forget that...she's always been a caring and sensitive gal and I am touched beyond words...



I appreciate that she's still my friend. I'll never take her for granted. She means a lot to me....and those memories...they'll stay in my heart...it would have been wonderful if things were meant to be..but....sadly..it isn't.



The unwanted attention...The friendship's humble beginnings...The late night chats...the trip to the car show with tickets from her... Valentine's Day....the IT project...*sigh*



Love is an effort. Love is a decision. Love is giving. Love is sacrifice.



I choose to love.







No comments: