Saturday, February 25, 2006



Ichi Ritoru no Namida [???????]

Just finished watching " One Liter of Tears" yesterday night. It had a very sad and poignant ending; I was literally CRYING buckets...oh man am I totally a sucker for touching jdoramas?...=/

This drama has touched me in many ways, and I was taken along with Aya Ikeuchi into her brief but meaningful journey through life...despite the overwhelming odds, Aya continues to pen down her thoughts into her diary until the day she was unable to speak nor write...looking at how her handwriting became worse as her condition detiorated, I couldn't control my tears ; the pain that I saw...the love from her family and friends were so warm...it was a humbling experience, to realise in a stark contrast, how free we are to choose our life, to appreciate the things that we can do...

Some unfortunate people in the world are still struggling to live, and as Aya Ikeuchi aptly puts it:

" I just want to live on..."

This is probaly one of the best japanese dramas that I've ever watched. It isn't a overwrought drama that begs for viewers to cry to the pitiful plight of the gal; rather, its a true story of unconditional love and courage, to live on bravely...

Jinnai Takanori and Yakushimaru Hiroko who plays the role of her parents had exceptional performances...really reminded me of my parents...;_;

I am truly glad to have watched this drama. Go get it too~! ;)

No comments: