Friday, August 18, 2006

"No man ever achieved worth-while success who did not,
at one time or other, find himself
with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure."
- Napoleon Hill


Uncertainty.


Our worthwhile successes tend to require a certain degree of flirtation with failure. And in my experience, the things I'm truly meant to do almost always scare, overwhelm, or at least excite me before I take them on.

Uncertainty can be a reminder that we're walking in intimacy with the God's will. I often say to myself and pray, "I'm only going here on faith," and at those times, my uncertainty is not a negative side effect of risk, but a sign that I'm on the right track. We can respond to uncertainty in one of three ways: pulling away, muscling through, or reveling in uncertainty.

If we pull away from something when we feel uncertain, we stop in our tracks.Our possibilities shrink. We let our fear freeze us in our tracks…and we may not even know that's what's happening. One sign of pulling back in the face of uncertainty is procrastination. We might say, "I'm just really busy right now. I'll get around to it."


What lies ahead?

What can I do from here?

Questions.

Thoughts.

Decisions.

...

A phrase comes to mind. Something simple, yet true.

To work by faith!
Into your hands I place my trust.

No comments: